²¿¸®´º½º l ´º¿åÇÊÁø l ¹Ì±¹ÇÊÁø l Çѱ¹ÇÊÁø l ¼¼°èÇÊÁø l »çÁøÇÊÁø l Kor-Eng    

Kor-Eng
¡¤Yunsun¡¯s Hudson Diary¡¯ (17)
¡¤±×¸°Ä¡ÀÇ »çÀ̵å¿÷ (16)
¡¤À⵿̱ÀÇ Ú¸±³Á÷Àλý½ºÅ丮 (7)
¡¤ÀÌ¸íµ¿ÀÇ ¼¼°èÀÎ Çѱ¹ÀΠ(123)
¡¤ÇϺñ´ÏÀÇ Howdoin (3)
ÀÌ¸íµ¿ÀÇ ¼¼°èÀÎ Çѱ¹ÀÎ
Going beyond the ethnic background while retaining our core value is the ideal for any and every American. Nowadays, each one of us belongs on the world stage. It's up to each one of us how far we can go on that stage. It is a long, and demanding journey, at the same time, interesting, wonderful, rewarding task. This writing is a part of that task. - Dr. Myong D. Lee

ÃÑ °Ô½Ã¹° 123°Ç, ÃÖ±Ù 0 °Ç ¾È³» ±Û¾²±â
ÀÌÀü±Û  ´ÙÀ½±Û  ¸ñ·Ï ±Û¾²±â

Crisis of Identity

±Û¾´ÀÌ : ÀÌ¸íµ¿ ³¯Â¥ : 2020-05-28 (¸ñ) 07:56:30

»çº» -020420 ¼¼°èº¸°Ç±â±¸ ȨÇÇ .jpg

¡°Happy is the country which has no history.¡±

¡°Old sins cast long shadows.¡±

History, like Old Sins, cast long shadows, indeed.

More people are living better than at any other time in history.

Materially, more; more information readily available to understand the world; more ¡°horizontal than vertical.¡± But more and more are bringing changes in our lives at a faster and faster clip. So the saying goes, ¡°It takes day job to understand what¡¯s going on.¡± Who really understands, thoroughly, the moment? If so enlightened, how is it communicated to the rest of the world? Who has the time, mind, and infrastructure to do the job?

In the U.S.A., the pandemic has cleared some of the fog, and revealed how much problems there are. Even the pandemic itself has become political with big doses of utter incompetence, and ignorance. Why/how have we come to this? History, or old sins, or both casting long shadows?

In China, the pandemic revealed clearly the flaws in the thinkings of her leadership. Top down/vertical evasions, cluelessness, and wrongheadedness.

It reminded me of the ¡°Yellow River Elegy.¡± A six part documentary, 1988, supposedly, one of the very important causes that made Tiananmen Square Protests, 1989, possible. It dealt with history, old sins or both.

Abe of Japan was painful to watch; drowning in the feudal everything. Here again, history, old sins or both.

Indeed, things are moving along in a rapid clip. It is a different world from just ten years ago.

A lot of us seem to have difficult time matching Identity with the moment in the fog of history, old sins or both. Well, a lot of us already have a day job, and struggling with it.

Clearly, our time is demanding crystal clear idea of where we came from and where to.

It is going to take understanding, initiative, imagination, and courage.

It is up to us to create our identity for the future. Creating instead of finding.

History, old sins or both; well, those bullies are to be overcome by us.

As Donald the Idiot used to say long time ago, ¡°Bullies, you hit them between the eyes.¡± He said it against Ed Koch in his typical bully way. Are we afraid of or stuck with bullies?

History, old sins, or both; don¡¯t hit them between the eyes, just transcend them.

I think I¡¯m trying very hard, but my wife says nothing doing.

OK, tomorrow morning, try again. Someday, somehow I¡¯ll find my Identity for 21st Century and beyond. Crisis, no way.

±Û·Î¹úÀ¥Áø NEWSROH Ä®·³ ¡®ÀÌ¸íµ¿ÀÇ ¼¼°èÀÎ Çѱ¹ÀΡ¯

http://newsroh.com/bbs/board.php?bo_table=cleemdong

ÀÌÀü±Û  ´ÙÀ½±Û  ¸ñ·Ï ±Û¾²±â

´º½º·Î¸¦¸»ÇÑ´Ù l ´º½º·Î ÁÖÀεDZâ l´º½º·Îȸ¿ø¾à°ü  l±¤°í¹®ÀÇ ±â»çÁ¦º¸ : newsroh@gmail.com lÁ¦È£ : ´º½º·Î l¹ßÇàÀÎ : æÅëùâ÷ lÆíÁýÀÎ : ÚÊܰ謠lû¼Ò³âº¸È£Ã¥ÀÓÀÚ : ÚÊÜ°è¬
Á¤±â°£Ç๰ µî·Ï¹øÈ£ : °æ±â¾Æ50133 lâ°£ÀÏ : 2010.06.05. l¹Ì±¹ : 6 Brookside Trail Monroe NY 11950 ¡¡Çѱ¹ : °æ±â °í¾ç½Ã Àϻ굿±¸ »êµÎ·Î 210 / ÀüÈ­ : 031)918-1942
´º½º·Î ¼¼»óÀÇ Ã¢À» ¿¬´Ù! Ä®·³À» ÀÐÀ¸¸é ´º½º°¡ º¸ÀδÙ!
Copyright(c) 2010 www.newsroh.com All rights reserved.