²¿¸®´º½º l ´º¿åÇÊÁø l ¹Ì±¹ÇÊÁø l Çѱ¹ÇÊÁø l ¼¼°èÇÊÁø l »çÁøÇÊÁø l Kor-Eng    

Kor-Eng
¡¤Yunsun¡¯s Hudson Diary¡¯ (17)
¡¤±×¸°Ä¡ÀÇ »çÀ̵å¿÷ (16)
¡¤À⵿̱ÀÇ Ú¸±³Á÷Àλý½ºÅ丮 (7)
¡¤ÀÌ¸íµ¿ÀÇ ¼¼°èÀÎ Çѱ¹ÀΠ(123)
¡¤ÇϺñ´ÏÀÇ Howdoin (3)
ÀÌ¸íµ¿ÀÇ ¼¼°èÀÎ Çѱ¹ÀÎ
Going beyond the ethnic background while retaining our core value is the ideal for any and every American. Nowadays, each one of us belongs on the world stage. It's up to each one of us how far we can go on that stage. It is a long, and demanding journey, at the same time, interesting, wonderful, rewarding task. This writing is a part of that task. - Dr. Myong D. Lee

ÃÑ °Ô½Ã¹° 123°Ç, ÃÖ±Ù 0 °Ç ¾È³» ±Û¾²±â
ÀÌÀü±Û  ´ÙÀ½±Û  ¸ñ·Ï ±Û¾²±â

Free

±Û¾´ÀÌ : ÀÌ¸íµ¿ ³¯Â¥ : 2018-06-24 (ÀÏ) 07:41:23

¡°I¡¯m finally free.¡± The last words of the dying main character in a movie which I don¡¯t remember when, which language, or what story line. I just know I have seen that movie a long long time ago. One sure thing is that the line must have been repeated many many times from the deepest place in the hearts of real people. Actually and unfortunately it has the feel of coming from movies of ages ago; a cliche. The line which resonated great sentiment doesn¡¯t seem to carry all that much impact, anymore, to the modern sensibilities. We became too cynical? I¡¯m finally rich, famous, and powerful; on the cover of every magazine? Instead of finally free? But this finally rich character doesn¡¯t sound very free, somehow. This character may or may not even remotely aware of what it means to be free. Probably wouldn¡¯t care a bit, this fellow. That¡¯s OK.

Free is a beautiful word———outwardly. After all, appearance isn¡¯t everything.

Free is a yearning; most of the times, a mirage.

Free is the coolest feeling

Free with maturity and wisdom means patience and discipline. Interesting?

Free, unfortunately, means knowing your limits. But then, who know their limits?

Free sounds rather complicated.

Being free finally is an idea I don¡¯t want to choose, while being aware of the fact that, to some people, reality is so hard it is the only choice. Or the struggle to be free is finally over. Anyway, my idea of free/approach to free is a different story. Feeling free, earning free, serene in free is a process; continuing hit and miss. Many levels of enlightenment they say there are, and free is like an enlightenment, in that sense. The end of life may stop a particular person¡¯s struggle to be free, but it is different from earning free. Poetically, maybe. It is just, free is no longer relevant.

Free seems to be a very important concept/attitude/state of mind to humanity. But what does it mean?

There¡¯re many different levels and approaches to understanding free.

Free Diogenes style? It is a story much more complicated than simple ¡°Stand a little out of my sun.¡±

800px-Alexander_visits_Diogenes_at_Corinth_by_W__Matthews_(1914).jpg

Alexander visits Diogenes at Corinth by W Matthews (1914)

Free from fear sounds wonderful. As we all know the world is full of fears. Has been and always will. Some of Hemingway¡¯s short stories come to mind. Joseph Conrad¡¯s ¡®Lord Jim¡¯ has the line, ¡°The fear, fear look you it is always there.¡± Free from fear doesn¡¯t sound so simple either.

¡°Greed is good.¡± Really? Well, maybe. But, then, maybe not.

Emotions decide many of our pathways in life. Emotion is always there, like fear. Free means finding peace, harmony, serenity, patience, ultimate optimism, and strong belief that we can overcome someday while knowing that the day is long and difficult in coming. It means going beyond emotions, and physical needs.

Drama, and emotion in its many different forms come with life. Unavoidable. Life can use a little of free. After all the road to becoming Buddha was rather dramatic. Free with moral clarity and wise world view sounds wonderful. It allows a little cool smile. A smile you don¡¯t even have to show. You know it is there.

Let¡¯s start the dialogue and find out how far we can go. What it all means in 21st Century and beyond. I know making a living is a full time job, but chewing gum while walking is a good feeling. Sort of feeling free.

Myong Mark Lee

leedental7@gmail.com

ÀÌÀü±Û  ´ÙÀ½±Û  ¸ñ·Ï ±Û¾²±â

´º½º·Î¸¦¸»ÇÑ´Ù l ´º½º·Î ÁÖÀεDZâ l´º½º·Îȸ¿ø¾à°ü  l±¤°í¹®ÀÇ ±â»çÁ¦º¸ : newsroh@gmail.com lÁ¦È£ : ´º½º·Î l¹ßÇàÀÎ : æÅëùâ÷ lÆíÁýÀÎ : ÚÊܰ謠lû¼Ò³âº¸È£Ã¥ÀÓÀÚ : ÚÊÜ°è¬
Á¤±â°£Ç๰ µî·Ï¹øÈ£ : °æ±â¾Æ50133 lâ°£ÀÏ : 2010.06.05. l¹Ì±¹ : 6 Brookside Trail Monroe NY 11950 ¡¡Çѱ¹ : °æ±â °í¾ç½Ã Àϻ굿±¸ »êµÎ·Î 210 / ÀüÈ­ : 031)918-1942
´º½º·Î ¼¼»óÀÇ Ã¢À» ¿¬´Ù! Ä®·³À» ÀÐÀ¸¸é ´º½º°¡ º¸ÀδÙ!
Copyright(c) 2010 www.newsroh.com All rights reserved.