²¿¸®´º½º l ´º¿åÇÊÁø l ¹Ì±¹ÇÊÁø l Çѱ¹ÇÊÁø l ¼¼°èÇÊÁø l »çÁøÇÊÁø l Kor-Eng    

Kor-Eng
¡¤Yunsun¡¯s Hudson Diary¡¯ (17)
¡¤±×¸°Ä¡ÀÇ »çÀ̵å¿÷ (16)
¡¤À⵿̱ÀÇ Ú¸±³Á÷Àλý½ºÅ丮 (7)
¡¤ÀÌ¸íµ¿ÀÇ ¼¼°èÀÎ Çѱ¹ÀΠ(123)
¡¤ÇϺñ´ÏÀÇ Howdoin (3)
ÀÌ¸íµ¿ÀÇ ¼¼°èÀÎ Çѱ¹ÀÎ
Going beyond the ethnic background while retaining our core value is the ideal for any and every American. Nowadays, each one of us belongs on the world stage. It's up to each one of us how far we can go on that stage. It is a long, and demanding journey, at the same time, interesting, wonderful, rewarding task. This writing is a part of that task. - Dr. Myong D. Lee

ÃÑ °Ô½Ã¹° 123°Ç, ÃÖ±Ù 0 °Ç ¾È³» ±Û¾²±â
ÀÌÀü±Û  ´ÙÀ½±Û  ¸ñ·Ï ±Û¾²±â

Identity in 21st Century

±Û¾´ÀÌ : ÀÌ¸íµ¿ ³¯Â¥ : 2017-11-06 (¿ù) 23:43:35

Trying to get thoughts together for the topic/8th Communal Dialogue. This is just the beginning.

ÀÌ¸íµ¿¹Ú»ç.jpg

True and mature identity comes after understanding the whole of humanity.

This is the essential guide in my quest to find confident, secure, and peaceful myself.

What makes it interesting is that understanding the whole of humanity is a never-ending process. True and mature identity is one of those, ¡®ceaseless becomings.¡¯ That¡¯s why it could be confusing, frustrating, and difficult. It definitely requires patience, perseverance, and a sense of humor.

Of course, we have our everyday identity, more or less. The question is if that is enough to have a fulfilling life. If your life is too difficult, stressful, and desperate, Identity is the last of your worries. In reality, true and mature identity for our time is a luxury most of us don¡¯t even bother to think about. But, well, somebody has to do it because that is a part of the humanity. Hope is one of the most important part of being a human. True and mature humanity and the quest for it are hope for better humanity. Better us. Better future. Better next generation. No effort, no gain. As simple as that.

There are volumes of philosophical, psychological, sociological, etc., etc., and etc. treatises on identity. This is my take on my Identity starting from my everyday identity. But I think I¡¯m a part of the humanity, therefore, my story should have some universal resonance.

Globalized, multicultural, and rapidly shifting parameters in society force us to examine our everyday image of ourselves. After close to 50yrs. in the U..S.A., my parameters in evaluating the country have evolved as the country and I have evolved. My identity and identification certainly have evolved. I know I have truer and maturer Identity and identification. Still, way to go, I know. Nonetheless, I feel better than before. I feel more secure. I, I, I, I sound like a guy I read about almost everyday these days. Just, more peace with me, for sure.

¡°It takes a village to raise a child.¡± I agree wholeheartedly, but I, also, realized that with every person it takes a village, not just a child. After all, a child becomes a person. Peace in mind is just around the corner, I think, I hope.

20171022_140834.jpg

ÀÌÀü±Û  ´ÙÀ½±Û  ¸ñ·Ï ±Û¾²±â

´º½º·Î¸¦¸»ÇÑ´Ù l ´º½º·Î ÁÖÀεDZâ l´º½º·Îȸ¿ø¾à°ü  l±¤°í¹®ÀÇ ±â»çÁ¦º¸ : newsroh@gmail.com lÁ¦È£ : ´º½º·Î l¹ßÇàÀÎ : æÅëùâ÷ lÆíÁýÀÎ : ÚÊܰ謠lû¼Ò³âº¸È£Ã¥ÀÓÀÚ : ÚÊÜ°è¬
Á¤±â°£Ç๰ µî·Ï¹øÈ£ : °æ±â¾Æ50133 lâ°£ÀÏ : 2010.06.05. l¹Ì±¹ : 6 Brookside Trail Monroe NY 11950 ¡¡Çѱ¹ : °æ±â °í¾ç½Ã Àϻ굿±¸ »êµÎ·Î 210 / ÀüÈ­ : 031)918-1942
´º½º·Î ¼¼»óÀÇ Ã¢À» ¿¬´Ù! Ä®·³À» ÀÐÀ¸¸é ´º½º°¡ º¸ÀδÙ!
Copyright(c) 2010 www.newsroh.com All rights reserved.