´º¿å : Æĸ® : ¼­¿ï :   ½ÃÀÛÆäÀÌÁö·Î ¼³Á¤ Áñ°Üã±â Ãß°¡Çϱâ

²¿¸®´º½º l ´º¿åÇÊÁø l ¹Ì±¹ÇÊÁø l Çѱ¹ÇÊÁø l ¼¼°èÇÊÁø l »çÁøÇÊÁø l Kor-Eng    

»èÁ¦Ä®·³
Claudia¡¯s Web of Wonder
My name is Claudia Jo and I am in 9th grade. As a teenage girl, I have lots of wonders and stories to share. I discover something new about the world almost every day and at the same time reveal little bits of myself in every second between my discoveries. I believe that everyone is equal no matter who they are and where they are in life and for that reason, I support things that build up peace and equality. I meet other great people who believe in the same act so together, we can make a change. By spreading my words and sharing my voice, I hope revealing myself will allow me to discover something else about this world.

ÃÑ °Ô½Ã¹° 8°Ç, ÃÖ±Ù 0 °Ç ¾È³» ±Û¾²±â
ÀÌÀü±Û  ´ÙÀ½±Û  ¸ñ·Ï ±Û¾²±â

Failing is Winning Knowledge

±Û¾´ÀÌ : Claudia Jo ³¯Â¥ : 2017-06-23 (±Ý) 22:03:01

¡°When you succeed, you party. When you fail, you plan.¡±

One does not sit in front of an American flag to take a picture and show their stance simply because a relative provided them the ¡°legacy.¡± One may only work hard with passion in order to represent their own legacy.

A great example was expressed by Senator Carlucci.

It was his lawn-mowing experience that first sparked his interest in business. Senator Carlucci thought of becoming a successful entrepreneur as he was in progress of his small lawn-mowing business with a friend.

Yet, there was more to this that he wanted to explore.

ÆíÁý »çÁø.jpg

While having the chance to interview the youngest state senator, I brought the most interesting questions along with my curiosity. I felt very honored and excited to be sitting across Senator Carlucci face-to-face. What was more exciting were his stories.

He told me it was exciting to be the youngest state senator. But for him, it started a lot earlier.

¡°I ran in 2003 for town clerk and when I ran, I was 23 years old. It was interesting because people were wondering why I was running considering that I don¡¯t have a family or even a career, and I told them that those are all the reasons of why I would run.¡±

Senator Carlucci brought up his own courage and fought through the election.

Till this day, he learned the greatest lesson while running for the election.

¡°I lost that first race.¡±

He still vividly remembers what went through his mind when facing this loss. Senator Carlucci says that the biggest thing he did at this time was moving forward and learning as much as he could from the election. To him, this was just the beginning of his road to success.

¡°I think losing that election was a great thing because if I had won, I would tell myself how smart I am and become too proud and full of myself up to the point where I wouldn¡¯t study or learn more. I think I heard someone say once, ¡®When you succeed, you party. When you fail, you plan.¡¯ By failing, I was intent on running again, and I had more time to meet more people and see what works or doesn¡¯t works. It turned me into knowing more about the electoral system. It was really interesting.¡±

The fact that Senator Carlucci stood back up again after falling and facing a loss is an amazing way to inspire and influence others going through failure or a tough period in their life.

But, there was a story behind his courage of getting back up again. He never gave up on hope because of his dream that he planted ever since his small lawn-mowing business.

¡°When I was a teenager - when I was in high school - I had my own lawn-mowing business and I was really entrepreneurial.¡±

Because Senator Carlucci always wanted to be an entrepreneur and be his own ¡°boss¡±, he would go door to door and tried to sell people to mown their lawn. But, he was not alone during this process.

¡°I brought on a partner - another friend from high school. We lived close by to each other, and we didn¡¯t have a car - we didn¡¯t even have a driver¡¯s license yet. But, we would take the lawn mower and drive it over to people¡¯s houses. I would be knocking on doors, asking people, trying to get business, and I really enjoyed it. I was somewhat obsessed with it.¡±

This was when a small job that was like a hobby led to a higher interest in business for Senator Carlucci.

¡°I remember how my friend would ask me when I would start ¡®kissing babies¡¯ and run for office. I thought, run for office, why would I do that? Then, it just kind of planted a seed in my head and I told myself ¡®maybe - maybe I would do that one day.¡¯ It was more later on.¡±

Further into high school, Senator Carlucci became involved in Model Congress and ran for student government, which gave him more information and interest on how the Congress and the government functions. Then, something clicked into his mind.

¡°I thought to myself, ¡®hey that would be really neat - running for office.¡¯¡±

IMG_4317.jpg

As Senator Carlucci was chasing for his dream and building up on his success, he had many different role models and motivators that he looked up to. More recently, he grew up inspiration on a favorite author - Jim Rohn. Popularly known as a motivational speaker back in the 80¡¯s, Senator Carlucci learned more new pieces of life¡¯s puzzle by looking at Jim Rohn.

¡°It¡¯s some classic stuff but at the same time, some really good stuff in terms of working with the resources you have, and not always thinking that the ¡®grass is green on the other side,¡¯ but to take advantage of what you have in front of you.¡±

Taking those words to heart at a young age, Senator Carlucci reminded himself how thankful it is to have the resources available and even though he can¡¯t change a lot of things, he is still able to make a difference with the things that he already has. Holding on to those guiding principles, Senator Carlucci tried to keep that positive attitude and still at this day, always try to look on the good things.

¡°People see the glass empty or half full, and I would always see it half full.¡±

Thus, it was Senator Carlucci who became a motivator and an amazing person for younger generations to look up to now. But, along a successful path, there are always ¡°dark holes¡± and ¡°banana slips¡± that come across as obstacles and challenges to face. When people fail to pass by these obstacles and struggle to get back up, they come across accidents and mistakes. These mistakes are just another process of learning.

¡°You¡¯ve got to make accidents and make mistakes in order to learn. If everyday you¡¯re learning, and taking what you learned today and invested it in the next day, that¡¯s so powerful.¡±

Even Senator Carlucci himself made mistakes and accidents in his life, but his regret is not preserving those challenges he faced in another way other than memory.

¡°That¡¯s probably the regret that I have - that I didn¡¯t kept a journal from a young age and been able to go back and look at all the experiences that I¡¯ve had that as things change, and as you get older, many of the things repeat themselves. Maybe in a different way slightly, but a lot of the same things is that you¡¯re learning from your experience that becomes big, and being able to see if I¡¯m better this month than I was last month and continue to grow on that. If you¡¯re not making accidents or mistakes, you¡¯re not doing anything. You¡¯ve got to get out there and do that, and that makes you better.¡±

Now, Senator Carlucci stays positive when he comes across more mistakes and learns from his experience. As a father of two sons - a three and a half year old, and a one and a half year old - he feels fortunate enough to have a family that keeps him positive. He is able to wake up in the morning everyday because of his two sons, and try to stay strong even through the tough times.

¡°My kids are so full of energy; they don¡¯t want to get to sleep at night and can¡¯t wait to wake up in the morning. You want to have a great attitude that is to have. That¡¯s something that I¡¯m fortunate to have in my life. Something that I remind myself is that it¡¯s good to be ambitious and the ambition to serve others. I can¡¯t give a way anything that I have. I¡¯ve got to be able to make myself better - a better politician, senator, and a better member of the community - in order to make our community better. That idea of questioning myself and developing that internal voice to keep me awake, and to improve the skills that I already have is what takes me to become a better person.¡±

While being able to have the fortunate things such as a family in his life, Senator Carlucci decides to share that fortune with others by trying to make and improve the world and the environment around him a better place. As a Senator, his goals to improve the society in the future is to be cooperative and become more aware of the community.

¡°Really, it¡¯s to try to work and listen. Get a sense of what¡¯s going on in the community to really hear, see, and feel what is needed - what are some of the shortcomings. Then, to work in a positive way with leaders in the community. To communicate and work together to accomplish these results. What I¡¯ve always tried to do in the Senate is be focused on moving forward on an issue.¡±

IMG_4320.jpg

Senator Carlucci always tried to put differences aside and focus on the steps to take to turn an issue around. He tries to do this when facing a lot of challenges and dealing with people who will want to simply put in negative vibes and decide not to talk about the solution but the problem only. He says there were good results but it wasn¡¯t easy and as a Senator, he tried to move forward and take it step-by-step in order to make it a big progress. But, as time progressed, Senator Carlucci dealt with a lot of different people and unfortunately, there¡¯s a lot of people who want what they want and want it now. He says those are the people who don¡¯t want to compromise or listen to people¡¯s opinions on the issue. Ironically, he says this will make a change and lead to a really good product in terms of policy.

¡°That really serves the community - that we¡¯ve got to take other¡¯s opinions. We¡¯ve got to get together to find the common ground.¡±

Even when talking on a political sense with other politicians that might come from different parties, religions, backgrounds, or even different districts, Senator Carlucci first tries to meet the agreements and then move on from there. Finding the objective and focusing on what the outcome that is wanted to be achieved might be is an important step to take in the Senate. It might take another route to get there, but as a Senator, he believes that at least they know the directions of their pathway.

¡°That¡¯s something I guess is very important and is a way to really improve society by focusing on those issues because, I don¡¯t think it¡¯s just one thing that you could point to to say that this legislation will change society. This one piece of legislation could help a whole lot of people but it¡¯s a multitude of things.¡± 

Being able to work in the Senate sounded like having the chance of looking into society and the environment surrounding us through a microscope or telescope. It was truly amazing to get a close glimpse of this from Senator Carlucci. Just like people who have their own ¡°shooting star¡± that first led them to chase their dreams, Senator Carlucci found a star that sparked his interest in the government and politics.

¡°I saw it in something where¡¯s it¡¯s like ¡®hey, why not?¡¯ Why not me to influence policy and influence society? That idea, that I¡¯m not going to blame anyone else, but tell myself that I can be that person to step up, and say this is what we need to do is what I think really drove me to say - this is something that could be really fun and exciting and learn a lot about helping different people. But, also putting your best foot forward to get change - to move in a positive direction.¡±

The interview that I had with Senator Carlucci gave me the chance to not only look deeper into society and the government, but life as a whole. His words inspired me to continue to search for the missing pieces to life¡¯s puzzle. Just like Senator Carlucci chased for his own ¡°star¡±, I believe people are able to follow their own interest and passions to find their own star.

That way, the growing population of stars would soon grow into a big constellation.

ÀÌÀü±Û  ´ÙÀ½±Û  ¸ñ·Ï ±Û¾²±â

´º½º·Î¸¦¸»ÇÑ´Ù l ´º½º·Î ÁÖÀεDZâ l´º½º·Îȸ¿ø¾à°ü  l±¤°í¹®ÀÇ ±â»çÁ¦º¸ : newsroh@gmail.com lÁ¦È£ : ´º½º·Î l¹ßÇàÀÎ : æÅëùâ÷ lÆíÁýÀÎ : ÚÊܰ謠lû¼Ò³âº¸È£Ã¥ÀÓÀÚ : ÚÊÜ°è¬
Á¤±â°£Ç๰ µî·Ï¹øÈ£ : °æ±â¾Æ50133 lâ°£ÀÏ : 2010.06.05. l¹Ì±¹ : 6 Brookside Trail Monroe NY 11950 ¡¡Çѱ¹ : °æ±â °í¾ç½Ã Àϻ굿±¸ »êµÎ·Î 210 / ÀüÈ­ : 031)918-1942
´º½º·Î ¼¼»óÀÇ Ã¢À» ¿¬´Ù! Ä®·³À» ÀÐÀ¸¸é ´º½º°¡ º¸ÀδÙ!
Copyright(c) 2010 www.newsroh.com All rights reserved.